New - Teaching IOM/HMD: Implications of the Institute of Medicine and Health & Medicine Division Reports for Nursing Education, 4th Edition
- ISBN: 9781558106796
- PUB# 9781558106796
This fully updated edition of Teaching IOM/HMD: Implications of the Institute of Medicine and Health & Medicine Division Reports for Nursing Education brings the IOM and HMD reports to life for learners. The easy-to-follow guidance gives instructors what they need to help their students readily conceptualize how the reports influence and affect modern nursing practice. It introduces the concept of integrating the IOM and HMD reports onnursing practice into the educational setting and thereafter into practice.
Nursing is a practice profession: nursing education and staff development need to reflect this in every aspect. Many of the IOM and HMD reports that are relevant to nursing—especially those on quality issues—are the platforms for improvements throughout health care practice, policy, and education. This book is based in large part on the author's ongoing, first-hand conversations and collaborations with nurse educators, staff developers, and clinicians. It takes a real-world approach to implementing the IOM and reports into modern nursing practice.
Teaching IOM/HMD is organized into IOM's five core competencies for all health care professionals—patient-centered care, interprofessional teamwork, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, and informatics utilization. It features new and re-invigorated insights and ideas on why and how to understand the IOM and HMD reports and their recommendations individually and as a body of work.
Highlights of Teaching IOM/HMD
- Summaries and analyses of the 26 most recent nursing-pertinent reports and their implications for nursing education, professional development, and practice
- A section on the connections between the IOM and HMD reports, ANA's current nursing scope and standards and the Code of Ethics for Nurses
- Full coverage of the 65 nursing-relevant IOM and HMD reports
- Shows students how to analyze any IOM or HMD report
- A detailed discussion on the critical issues and implications of the Quality Chasm reports for nursing education curriculum
- Twelve files of instructional resources to help faculty and staff educators who have purchased Teaching IOM/HMD. They are focused on teaching and learning about quality improvement, safety, and related issues in the context of these IOM/HMD reports. You will be sent a link to these files in the email that confirms your purchase.
Anita Ward Finkelman, MSN, RN, the co-author of the previous three editions and author of other books and numerous journal articles, is a nurse educator and consultant with extensive nursing experience in clinical, educational, and administrative settings that inform her current focus on developing online courses, curriculum, and simulation learning products for continuing education, distance learning, and staff development. She continues her work in Israel, where she is Visiting Lecturer in the nursing department of the Recanati School for Community Health Professions of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in Beersheba.
About the Book
292 pp., softcover
Download: Table of Contents - Teaching IOM/HMD: Implications of the Institute of Medicine and Health & Medicine Division Reports for Nursing Education, 4th Edition
Member Price: $59.95 | List Price: $74.95